Tis the season for baking! Don’t give you and your love ones the gift of guilt, tweak your favorite recipes this year by using these healthier ingredients and tips!
1. Use whole wheat flour or oatmeal instead of white flour.
2. Use natural sweeteners when you can (i.e. honey, maple syrup, molasses, agave nectar)
3. Try dark chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruit instead of milk chocolate and sugary candies for those cookies.
4. Cut Sugar in half, many recipes call for too much anyways.
5. Use Skim milk instead of whole milk
6. Use a Flax Egg instead of a regular egg ( combined 2 tsp ground flaxseed with 2 oz of warm water. Stir and let sit until thickened.)
7. Use applesauce instead of oil or butter.
8 Try 1/2 cup low fat yogurt and 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese instead of 1 cup heavy cream